Oddments

20 Jan 2011 19:55 #2 by Denis
Replied by Denis on topic Oddments
A good thread Richard, somewhere to put all those things you have seen and dont know what they are/were! Can we also join in and post some random images for the experts to ponder over?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jan 2011 20:25 #3 by Richard Drew
Replied by Richard Drew on topic Oddments
Why not, I was just looking through some pictures that I took at Stanton Harcourt and have not used them all for my website but they look good or different.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jan 2011 22:38 #4 by Richard Drew
Replied by Richard Drew on topic Oddments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jan 2011 22:41 #5 by Richard Drew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jan 2011 22:50 #6 by Denis
Replied by Denis on topic Oddments
probably millions Richard! I too have found several perfect examples over the years.

any ideas on these though, I have asked before but worth another try...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jan 2011 22:57 #7 by Richard Drew
Replied by Richard Drew on topic Oddments

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

A good one Denis I have no idea a bit like this one at Chipping Norton.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jan 2011 08:13 #8 by bvs
Replied by bvs on topic Oddments

I wonder who she was ??


Dunno Richard but for some reason the image popped the Goons ''Dance of the 7 Army surplus Blankets'' into my head - part of the show 'Dishonoured' originally broadcast 28th Jan 1959 ,I am not a big goons fan but 2 shows I really loved were 'Dishonoured' and 'Tales of old Dartmoor' there are some clips on youtube but they seem to be remakes and not quite as good as the originals with their zany incidental music :-D -if you do like the shows it is well worth tracking down an original copy !(if impossible I do have copies that I transcribed from cassette)
'Dishonoured' starts at 1.30ish

www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=79632C4...next=1&v=7_qN-9Tscms

Inc the classic one liners...Prepare to take the regimental oath - ''Open your wallet and say after me''--'Help yourself'
And ''I want the chance to prove that I'm a man''--'report to the M.O'

Tales of old dartmoor is a real hoot with the 1 liners ''But you cant move the prison''--'People will talk' etc,actually there is an original show on youtube complete with Wally Stotts amazing music



Even now I sometimes sit in a darkened room with a beer and end up crying with laughter at this stuff :-D

Sorry for lengthy post but even Wally Stott had an 'interesting' later life :shock:...
Wally Stott/Angela Morley obituary

www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=...Hmy6Yo6w9VwLUHaWCeBg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jan 2011 21:36 #9 by Richard Drew
Replied by Richard Drew on topic Oddments
Ah the Goons, in one of Spikes books, he was in Naples and had to drive up Vesuvius and rescue as many farmers as he could get and bring them off the volcano in the 1944 eruption. My dad had to do the same thing. No body wanted saving so they all stayed on the mountain and came back the next day. Dad never read Spikes books and to my knowledge never met him and I wish now I could tell dad how close he was to a future Goon.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jan 2011 21:45 #10 by Richard Drew
Replied by Richard Drew on topic Oddments
Here are some more odments that I found at Bibury on Sunday

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  
EU Cookie Directive Module Information