eBay -' Building an airfield' picture

01 Jan 2011 20:48 - 22 Jul 2017 19:33 #1 by daveg4otu
eBay -' Building an airfield' picture was created by daveg4otu
This picture is offered on eBay...anyone care to hazard a guess where it might be?

Here's the link...

cgi.ebay.co.uk/World-War-2-Photo-R-A-F-A...&hash=item588be0dfb2

See my Hampshire,Dorset,Devon,IOW Airfields sites..
www.hampshireairfields.co.uk/

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jan 2011 11:41 #2 by mawganmad
Replied by mawganmad on topic eBay -' Building an airfield' picture
If someone offered that picture to me saying it was St Mawgan, I would probably be tempted.
It's hard to be sure using the small 'putor & screen I'm on now though.
If it is it looks like it is taken towards 13 T/H from 'kilo', is that the sea in the background though?
The description mentions 150 yards wide so that also fits with St Mawgan.
Interesting one, at the moment I'm 60% persuaded!:confused:

James Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jan 2011 12:03 #3 by Denis
Replied by Denis on topic eBay -' Building an airfield' picture
I read it as 50 yards wide MM, I saved a copy and opened it in one of the image editors on my computor. I Cant say that is sea in the background or not. With the photo reference number on the back, I suppose there is no way of finding out the location from records is there?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jan 2011 12:30 #4 by mawganmad
Replied by mawganmad on topic eBay -' Building an airfield' picture
You are correct Denis, and I have taken myself to the punishment room and awaiting 100 lashes for thinking that 50 yards was 300' and then writing 150 yds in the post!
Also the runway intersection runs at the wrong angle for Mawgan, now 2% persuaded!
Hopefully you are right an that it can be identified buy the number stamped on the back, but I'm guessing it won't be.

James Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jan 2011 20:11 #5 by EGDGZTCW
Replied by EGDGZTCW on topic eBay -' Building an airfield' picture
Wishful thinking I know...but....how about St Eval James ?? ..............I feel that is the sea in the background.

Can't see it being St Mawgan though, because if that is sea in the background we are looking Northwest and the intersection is at the wrong angle, to my eye anyway.

Memories........... I've forgotten what they are !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jan 2011 09:38 #6 by hornet
Replied by hornet on topic eBay -' Building an airfield' picture
Hi, guys, I have e mailed the seller of the photo to ask him if he knows what airfield it is, if I get a reply I will post on here.
cheers, Hornet.

chocks away chaps !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jan 2011 20:26 #7 by Denis
Replied by Denis on topic eBay -' Building an airfield' picture
Hornet,
I asked already via ebay, and he said he didnt know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  
EU Cookie Directive Module Information