M.F.beacons and D/F stations.

18 Mar 2011 16:56 #1 by skylark
M.F.beacons and D/F stations. was created by skylark
Looking at a copy of a bomber command plotting chart dated 19 May 1942 I've noticed a number of symbols of an "x" within a circle and letters alongside them. Others, fewer in number, are of a cross of larger size with a number alongside it. The former are also present on the continent with the name of the location alongside e.g. "VITRY". I suspect these are M.F. beacons, including enemy ones and the large crosses are M.F. D/F stations. I have tried to attach part of the chart. I would be interested if anybody can confirm my assumptions or not and also if anyone has any information about the location of RAF M.F. D/F stations at this period.
Regards
Trevor

Attached files

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  
EU Cookie Directive Module Information