Well there was only one RCAF C47 squadron in England in wwii iirc, if this is where a Canadian C47 sqn was based. I hope the model isnt a bit of a red herring!
Right Ive had another think about this and if the RCAF link is correct (and I know how devious AATCs can be even when they go aircrew!) and Ill say Blakehill farm.
Hugo, ROI is included in this thread. If its an airfield then I believe it should be covered and discussed. All are as important as each other, no matter how long they were active for and where they were - hence the overseas airfields part of the forum too!
Thanks for the reply Richard and for including ROI in this section.
Hugo.
The historical listing of aviation sites in Ireland North and South www.avsitesireland.com
Not Angle, Broadwell or Blakehill. 92fis got it with Ramsbury. Sorry if I threw some of you off with the RCAF C-47, it was the type not the nationality that was supposed to be the clue!
We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.