WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

07 May 2009 20:35 #1851 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
I am truly stunned. Just shows you should go with your first thought. The only pics I have seen of Millisle are the ones in Action Stations and the lastest Getmapping offer.

Of course I was watching the Mentalist at the time :)

Open house if I don't post first. Struggling to find an original.

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 May 2009 11:00 - 13 Jul 2017 11:52 #1852 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
This is a photo from the excellent Canmore website which has a lot of excellent photographs of airfields, both aerial and ground shots and modern and old. Some include architects plans of airport buildings. The site is run by the RCAHMS.
Copies of most things can be ordered and prices are on par with English Heritage so not cheap but not ridiculous like the commercial sites.
Just realised I narrowed it down a bit :0


Photo is courtesy of RCAHMS and is available on their website here www.rcahms.gov.uk/

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 May 2009 12:32 #1853 by mawganmad
Replied by mawganmad on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
I've heard that they keep many english and welsh related material aswel, can you quickly post up how to navigate through the RCAHMS website to find the relevant sections, I can never find them.
Might be better to post as a new link under archives/research section.

James Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 May 2009 13:37 #1854 by OneEighthBit
Replied by OneEighthBit on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

I've heard that they keep many english and welsh related material aswel, can you quickly post up how to navigate through the RCAHMS website to find the relevant sections, I can never find them.
Might be better to post as a new link under archives/research section.


I posted some info in the Luftwaffe thread in research/media. Here's the direct link to the photo finder: jura.rcahms.gov.uk/APF/start.jsp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 May 2009 17:33 #1855 by mawganmad
Replied by mawganmad on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Cheers OEB.

PNK, Interesting that it appears that a new runway was started, some of it layed and then stopped, Trebelzue has a similar feature.
Plenty of aircraft parked in the pic aswel.

Could it be South Marston?

James Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 May 2009 19:24 #1856 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Not South Marston.

I seem to remember a thread on part finished runways. Not sure if this one was mentioned though.

OEBs reply mentioned the Air Photo Finder. I did make use of this on Angle and it pointed me to the local council who obliged by sending copies of plans and aerial photos.

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 May 2009 15:50 #1857 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
BOO!

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 May 2009 16:02 #1858 by REF
Replied by REF on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

BOO!


Is that a clue??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 May 2009 16:18 #1859 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Not really, I thought it had died so I wanted to wake it up.

It does begin with a 'B' though.

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 May 2009 16:26 #1860 by REF
Replied by REF on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

It does begin with a 'B' though.


Don't you mean that both words begin with a 'B' with this airfield??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  
EU Cookie Directive Module Information