WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

06 May 2009 11:55 #1841 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Not Syerston.

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 May 2009 15:02 #1842 by Stevo
Replied by Stevo on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Is it maybe somewhere like Ouston? I think it could be.

Stevo ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 May 2009 19:32 #1843 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Well done Stevo it is Ouston.
You didn't go through all my posts to find it did you?

Over to you

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 May 2009 20:15 #1844 by Stevo
Replied by Stevo on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Hi

No, but for three days I've been trying to remember where I've seen that pic before. I've just got myself a new hard drive and was transferring pictures across when I came across your picture that I must have saved, I tend to save pics like that for my flightsim work as the Tacan in the pic might come in useful at some point, LOL luckily I'd named it RAF Ouston

But I do now recall you posting the picture before along with the 'model looking' pics of RAF Ouston.

Open to anyone

:wink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 May 2009 23:53 #1845 by hugoj_air
Replied by hugoj_air on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.



Hugo.

The historical listing of aviation sites in Ireland North and South www.avsitesireland.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 May 2009 08:51 #1846 by mawganmad
Replied by mawganmad on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

I tend to save pics like that for my flightsim work as the Tacan in the pic might come in useful at some point, LOL luckily I'd named it RAF Ouston.


Funny thing I was thinking myself that it was a cracking pic of the older TACAN installation!

James Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 May 2009 11:35 #1847 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
It wouldn't be Millisle by any chance?

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 May 2009 17:36 #1848 by hugoj_air
Replied by hugoj_air on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Now why on earth Peter, would you think that!!.

Hugo.

The historical listing of aviation sites in Ireland North and South www.avsitesireland.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 May 2009 19:25 #1849 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Oh, just a wild stab in the dark. I was at work so had no references and it hasn't been done before.
I assume it was wrong then.

I am not much good a ground level so if I just put down whatever pops into my head as Felicity Kendal isn't an airfield I went for second pop.

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 May 2009 19:56 #1850 by hugoj_air
Replied by hugoj_air on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Just as well you went for the second pop because Felicity Kendal was wrong, but Millisle was
right. Very good guess. I thought maybe you had been there, as there isn't much to see in the photo. Plenty of signs warning you not to trespass. Must be the local farmers are fed up with
visitors crossing their land in search of the bits that were actually constructed. I believe this
is the longest streach of completed runway of over 1600yds N/S. It crosses the public road at about the midway point and although in the first photo facing S looks like it finishes just passed the caravan, when in fact it continues on for at least another 700yds.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.


This photo I took looking N shows a longer run.

Your turn now Peter.

Hugo.

The historical listing of aviation sites in Ireland North and South www.avsitesireland.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  
EU Cookie Directive Module Information