I recognised the picture, but it took a while for me to remember why I'd remembered.
Was it on Key Publishing Historic Forum recently? Another "treasure trove of dumped aircraft" story? I tried to do a "then and now" in GE but couldn't find Brackla as a destination (other than the one in S Wales) then I got sidetracked over ROFs.
For those who don't know, Key Publishing run several web fora(?) Modern aircraft, matters Naval etc but the KPHF is the ultimate black hole for sucking in browsing hours. Try it during work!
There is, for instance, a huge thread regarding V bombers, page after page of it. Quite took me back to my younger days, trying to sleep during drizzly nights while a Vulcan endlessly grumbled round and round north Nottinghamshire. Now I have some idea of what they were up to.
Nothing to post BTW. Open House.
Was it on Key Publishing Historic Forum recently?.
Possibly - but I ran across the picture on that Scottish gov. site ...can't remember the name offhand.
Key is always good for a prolonged read - try the thread about scrapped aircraft sometime.
I know this one as well... just remember when it sends out the "reply to this thread" e-mail it shows the entire image address next time. Makes it far too easy!
Television Production, Graphics Design, Agent for original music composition, Camera, Lights, Sound
We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.