Forum
Open Forum
Miscellaneous Research Topics
General Airfield or 20th Century Military Architecture Discussion Topics
WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Less
More
Posts: 1822
Thank you received: 99
Less
More
Posts: 12446
Thank you received: 1029
11 Apr 2010 09:04 #2562
by Peter Kirk
No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
Posts: 795
Thank you received: 13
11 Apr 2010 17:17 #2563
by OneEighthBit
I must be blind but I can't see anything that sticks out as a "landmark". Though the layout made me think Scotland.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
Posts: 441
Thank you received: 2
11 Apr 2010 18:48 #2564
by Stevo
That is Renfrew, Glasgows original airport literally a stones throw to the east of the current airport.
Have nothing to post
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
Posts: 12446
Thank you received: 1029
11 Apr 2010 18:49 #2565
by Peter Kirk
I suspect the industrial landmark is probably not a good clue. It's just that I always think of together.
The airfield was gone by the time Sgt Pepper came along, its "title" moving a few miles west.
No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
Posts: 12446
Thank you received: 1029
11 Apr 2010 18:50 #2566
by Peter Kirk
Well done it is Renfrew. You got it just before I posted my clue!
No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
Posts: 1680
Thank you received: 115
11 Apr 2010 20:36 #2567
by ianbache
Hi all
Try this
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Llanbedr History not to be forgotten!!!!!!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
Posts: 795
Thank you received: 13
12 Apr 2010 11:59 #2568
by OneEighthBit
Well done it is Renfrew. You got it just before I posted my clue!
GAH! That was the one I thought it was but couldn't remember the bloody name!
One of these days I'll get one right.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
Posts: 594
Thank you received: 6
REF
Topic Author
Offline
Platinum Member
Less
More
Posts: 9794
Thank you received: 652
Forum
Open Forum
Miscellaneous Research Topics
General Airfield or 20th Century Military Architecture Discussion Topics
WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds