That is Leuchars the right hand Hanger No 57 is still in use as are all the buildings behind it, the left hand plus the repair shed behind it went about 30 years ago. I have letoff a good few rounds on that range as well ! cracking shot on the right is Earlshall Castle.
TED
Well done Ted
I guessed it wouldnt take you long, Leuchars it is
ps any ideas when the Typhoons arrive and what sqn,s will they be
regards Ian
Ian any idea of a date can't make out the aircraft type. Re typhoon there are to be 3 Sqns here multi role tranche 3 aircraft, the first is 6 sqn currently working up at Coningsby, They should be here and declared operational by I think this Sept. There are rumours re the tranche 3 ac that all is not well, their avionics and all that goes with that are totally different to the tranche 2 version ; there have been some mumblings in the aviation press about it. Its all a very touchy subject around here. Once I hear anything I will let you know,
Hi Ted
Thanks for the info, i had a feeling 6 SQN was one of the units heading north, would i be near the mark to say that the resident F3 s are to be swaped for the Typhoon in the future taking the SQN numbers over to the new aircraft or is that a long way off ? anyway many thanks for the info the date on the photo is 1918 if that helps
Regards Ian
I tried 2 before which were got within a hour, so see if this goes within another hour, it might be a bit more tricky though, this one also had two names?
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.