Right I think weve all been conned in the nicest possible way! When the pic was put up it said it had two names and also its been implied that its Fleet Air Arm but I think (I know thats dangerous!)that it might not be an airfield at all, I think it might be Alness/Invergordon. But I might be wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your very close Invergordon has A STRONG connection with the answer ?
Nope
this place opened in 1922 in support of the Royal navy at Invergordon, it was the furthest north airfield to host Empire day in 1939
it was shared by both RN/RAF and closed in 1947/48
We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.