WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

08 Jan 2009 17:58 #1101 by tomdocherty72
Replied by tomdocherty72 on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Try this one.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2009 19:02 #1102 by canberra
Replied by canberra on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Ouston.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2009 19:43 #1103 by hugoj_air
Replied by hugoj_air on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

I figured it would be in Ireland and that's the first place I looked. Problem is, I'm so focussed on Military airfields that I was not looking at Civil.

Also, a Windows tip - which I keep forgetting - is, to make the page larger, hold down Control and click the + key to enlarge the page or - to reduce. Also works using the mouse wheel as long as you hold down Control.

OK! I know you knew it already.


Top tip Peter H and new to me, Thanks. I'm only working with my computer seven years now
and still learning.
You guys are slowly turning my focus towards military airfields and maybe, just maybe I might
get you all to look towards civil airfields. Shannon was opened in 1939 a few months before
the outbreak of WW2. It's first occupants were military in the form of the Irish Air Corps and
not until 1945 did it truly become a full civil aerodrome.


Stevo you'er right to think it's Shannon. Well done, you'er next. I am very surprised it
took so long.
Stevo, maybe you'er tongue is firmly in you'er cheek or perhaps you'er not familiar with
the different parts of Ireland. So a bit of a geography lesson may be required.
Hugo.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: What a plonker I am :oops: appologies Hugo_air, I do have an excuse though in that I'm full of a coughing, spluttering, cold and not thinking straight, LOL.

No problem Stevo. You'er not alone. Many Irish people living here in Ireland couldn't tell you
which part is which. Donegal is as I say in the Southern Ireland, yet it's also the most northerly
county on the island as parts of it are further north than the so called Northern Ireland and thats
NOT an Irish joke even if it sounds like one.

I put up Shannon to kick start the photos again, well it worked!!!.

Hugo.

The historical listing of aviation sites in Ireland North and South www.avsitesireland.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2009 19:56 #1104 by canberra
Replied by canberra on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
And Donegal is actually part of the province of Ulster.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2009 20:02 #1105 by daveg4otu
Replied by daveg4otu on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

And Donegal is actually part of the province of Ulster.


This is where it starts to get deliberately confusing.

:lol:

See my Hampshire,Dorset,Devon,IOW Airfields sites..
www.hampshireairfields.co.uk/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2009 21:02 #1106 by hugoj_air
Replied by hugoj_air on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
OK enough of this, back to the photo. Dont want to be accused of hijacking AGAIN!!.

As for the current photo, no idea.

Hugo.

The historical listing of aviation sites in Ireland North and South www.avsitesireland.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2009 21:23 #1107 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Limavady?

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2009 12:32 #1108 by tomdocherty72
Replied by tomdocherty72 on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

Limavady?


Limavady it is PNK. Over to you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2009 13:13 #1109 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Okay how about a fairly distintive airport terminal!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.


No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2009 21:03 #1110 by Paul Francis
Replied by Paul Francis on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
I went here in the early eighties, could not believe that the beautiful art deco CT had been demolished, leaving the hangars.

You can tell a builder from an archaeologist by the size of his trowel. Mine is a small one!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  
EU Cookie Directive Module Information