WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

08 Jan 2009 01:12 #1081 by hugoj_air
Replied by hugoj_air on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

It's Shannon I think, If where sticking by the above rules that is in Ireland of course and not the ROI, LOL but I dont think that
matters any. :wink: ;)


Stevo you'er right to think it's Shannon. Well done, you'er next. I am very surprised it
took so long.
Stevo, maybe you'er tongue is firmly in you'er cheek or perhaps you'er not familiar with
the different parts of Ireland. So a bit of a geography lesson may be required.

NI=Northern Ireland or Ulster (Geographically incorrect) or the 6 counties. This is the British
controlled area.

ROI= Republic of Ireland or Southern Ireland or the 26 counties or Eire and pre 1948 Irish
Free State.
This is the area that Shannon Airport is in and also my county of Donegal.

LOL but I dont think that matters any. :wink: ;) I do appreciate that, Thanks Stevo.

Hugo.

The historical listing of aviation sites in Ireland North and South www.avsitesireland.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2009 07:08 #1082 by PETERTHEEATER
Replied by PETERTHEEATER on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
I figured it would be in Ireland and that's the first place I looked. Problem is, I'm so focussed on Military airfields that I was not looking at Civil.

Also, a Windows tip - which I keep forgetting - is, to make the page larger, hold down Control and click the + key to enlarge the page or - to reduce. Also works using the mouse wheel as long as you hold down Control.

OK! I know you knew it already.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2009 10:40 #1083 by Stevo
Replied by Stevo on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

It's Shannon I think, If where sticking by the above rules that is in Ireland of course and not the ROI, LOL but I dont think that
matters any. :wink: ;)


Stevo you'er right to think it's Shannon. Well done, you'er next. I am very surprised it
took so long.
Stevo, maybe you'er tongue is firmly in you'er cheek or perhaps you'er not familiar with
the different parts of Ireland. So a bit of a geography lesson may be required.

Hugo.


:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: What a plonker I am :oops: appologies Hugo_air, I do have an excuse though in that I'm full of a coughing, spluttering, cold and not thinking straight, LOL.

Floors open

:oops:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2009 12:21 - 20 Dec 2016 23:30 #1084 by daveg4otu
Replied by daveg4otu on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Here's one that may require a little thought - in particular because the aerodrome shown was never actually built - a little detective work may be required...there are acouple of good clues however.

web2k.co.uk/?im=1231417226

See my Hampshire,Dorset,Devon,IOW Airfields sites..
www.hampshireairfields.co.uk/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2009 13:30 #1085 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
It looks like what is now South Ruislip. If i'm right Northolt airfield is just to the west of the railway line.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2009 14:45 #1086 by daveg4otu
Replied by daveg4otu on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Warm

See my Hampshire,Dorset,Devon,IOW Airfields sites..
www.hampshireairfields.co.uk/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2009 14:50 #1087 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
I agree. Northolt Junction Station where the lines join and Bournes Farm would be in the middle of the landing area.

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2009 14:57 #1088 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
I reckon the landing ground matches the area I've highlighted red with the river to the north and the railway bounding the south west side.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2009 15:43 #1089 by daveg4otu
Replied by daveg4otu on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Looking good - but what was it going to be called had it been built?

See my Hampshire,Dorset,Devon,IOW Airfields sites..
www.hampshireairfields.co.uk/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2009 16:40 #1090 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Northolt?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  
EU Cookie Directive Module Information