WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

14 Jan 2009 21:15 #1181 by daveg4otu
Replied by daveg4otu on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Pengam ....That's what I was looking for. To be fair I think that PNK was probably correct as well, as Splott is , I believe, somewhere in that part of Cardiff.

I'll let you two sort it out now

Lovely name! Splott!

See my Hampshire,Dorset,Devon,IOW Airfields sites..
www.hampshireairfields.co.uk/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jan 2009 21:50 #1182 by hugoj_air
Replied by hugoj_air on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Spoltt is the district in which Pengam resides. I think the full title of
the landing ground was Pengam Moors.
The northern half of site is now a housing estate and a Tesco store
covers the southern area.
Out of curiosity is the heliport at Tremorpha still there as I cant find
on the aerials.

Peter got the location first, I just followed his lead. So he's next.

Hugo.

The historical listing of aviation sites in Ireland North and South www.avsitesireland.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jan 2009 22:13 #1183 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
I think it was known as Splott for a while. Try this remote corner of an airfield.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.


No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2009 08:02 #1184 by PETERTHEEATER
Replied by PETERTHEEATER on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Burtonwood?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2009 10:19 #1185 by tomdocherty72
Replied by tomdocherty72 on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Langford Lodge?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2009 12:14 #1186 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Not Burtonwood, not Langford Lodge

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2009 15:03 #1187 by tomdocherty72
Replied by tomdocherty72 on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Watton/ Griston BAD?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2009 19:18 #1188 by canberra
Replied by canberra on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Im gooing to say something stupid and go for Castle Archdale(i think it was called that) as I think someone may be pulling a fast one!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2009 19:28 #1189 by REF
Replied by REF on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Warton?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2009 19:50 #1190 by hugoj_air
Replied by hugoj_air on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
To be honest I've no idea where it is, but I doubt very much it's Castle Archdale on Lower Lough
Erne in NI. As far as I know it was only a flying boat station with on shore facilities of maintenance hangars, stores etc. Certainly no hard runways or storage areas for land based aircraft.
Sorry Canberra, not taking a swipe at you.
You wouldn't be thinking of St Angelo (Enniskillen) which is about 6nm SE. I dont think it's that either.

Hugo.

The historical listing of aviation sites in Ireland North and South www.avsitesireland.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  
EU Cookie Directive Module Information