Was that a typo PNK or being clever? If you meant Badgeworth then no, but your close. Although technically Badgeworth was more a decoy than an airfield.
Badger = Brock, or it does in the Peoples Republic of Kent
So I'm guessing at Brockworth?
I was trying to be cryptic but since I don't know what cryptic means I can't be sure if I succeeded
If not maybe Hucclecote?
No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)
Well done PNK. Yes, it's Brockworth. Technically the airfield side is Hucclecote and the works Brockworth as they span the parish boundary.
I worked for an engineering firm in one of the old sheds for a few years in the 80's when the runway was still intact. Good time - especially the Go-kart we built with a 125cc motorbike engine and a direct chain drive. You need that much runway at 95mph+ with your bum 2 inches from the tarmac.
Oh and the guy who came to work, went out at lunchtime and found his car nicked, rang the police and then at the end of the day his car was back. Turns out it had been stolen and used to rob a post office and the thieves had actually bothered to return his car afterwards
Oh and just for reference, Badgeworth is a small village just a few miles north of Brockworth where allegedly the Shurdington decoy was located.
We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.