WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

21 Oct 2009 10:17 #2151 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Strange that the pre-WW2 housing seems to have homed in on the Airship shed.

I haven't got anything at present so open house.

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Oct 2009 23:59 #2152 by OneEighthBit
Replied by OneEighthBit on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Tried to be a bit crafty but not too obscure with this one.

Attached files

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Oct 2009 15:56 #2153 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
It's okay I have mirrored lens' :)

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Oct 2009 17:24 #2154 by REF
Replied by REF on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Chedworth?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Oct 2009 18:35 #2155 by ted angus
Replied by ted angus on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

I would have to say Cramlington. The fighter hangar bit confused me for a while.


Sorry I missed this earlier : My parents were Cramlington folk every year we made the pilgramage back to the area for the annual Hols. My aunty lived in the semi circular street adjacent to the Airship shed I recall in the late 50s it was a precast concrete products factory. The old aerodrome building skeletons survived into my childhood.
there exists somewhere a photo taken there of my Dad as a child beside an RAF aircraft at some flying circus type event. I have marked on the attached where I recall the building remains were to be seen .
TED

Attached files [IMG]/community/33380=598-Cramlington Aviation sites.jpg[/img]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Oct 2009 00:50 #2156 by OneEighthBit
Replied by OneEighthBit on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

Chedworth?


Yup. Kinda obvious.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Oct 2009 20:36 #2157 by P Bellamy
Replied by P Bellamy on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
If it's a free board, I'd like to offer this image:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.



Easy one if you know your pundit codes I'm afraid, but it's a control tower not often seen.

Paul Bellamy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Oct 2009 20:44 #2158 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
I was going to say that is one bad image but it isn't it is a 2 BAD image :)

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Oct 2009 20:50 #2159 by P Bellamy
Replied by P Bellamy on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Groan......

Ah well, it's all I'd expect from an OT post. ;)

Paul Bellamy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Oct 2009 21:40 #2160 by kebecker
Replied by kebecker on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

I was going to say that is one bad image but it isn't it is a 2 BAD image :)


god, what is he going to be like at the end of his week off?

Warton?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  
EU Cookie Directive Module Information