WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

18 Jan 2010 20:40 #2251 by Paul Francis
Replied by Paul Francis on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
I am obviouly teaching you well REF and no sign of the PNK either, 30 odd minutes is pretty good for a duck!

You can tell a builder from an archaeologist by the size of his trowel. Mine is a small one!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jan 2010 20:46 #2252 by Ossington_2008
Replied by Ossington_2008 on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
I think you're correct. I was looking for the railway line, but it's just out of shot at the bottom of the picture.
My first spacie camp, Aug 5-12, 1972.
(I had to look that up in my F3822, I'm not quite that sad)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jan 2010 20:50 #2253 by REF
Replied by REF on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
I've nothing to hand at the moment - someone else can have a go!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jan 2010 22:46 #2254 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Sorry for my absence but my wife was admitted to hospital this evening, nothing serious but it took 6 hours to make that decision!!!

The Oakington shot is good. There is a nice sequence in Bomber Command Airfields Then & Now that goes from 1940 (I think) by year to 1945.

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jan 2010 21:56 #2255 by Chris Lowe
Replied by Chris Lowe on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
I don't have a picture to hand as I'm re installing my PC perhaps PNK & his tame ducks should have a go.

English Civil War Re-enactor with the Sealed Knot.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jan 2010 13:19 - 20 Dec 2016 23:05 #2256 by OneEighthBit
Replied by OneEighthBit on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Hope I'm not jumping the queue but I wanted to post this as I was fascinated by the little airborne aeroplane which seemed to of been captured in this picture!

Hope there are enough features to make it identifiable although not to easy. By way of crappy clue it's located somewhere in the OS "ST" square.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jan 2010 13:30 #2257 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Is that a Wellington or an A-20? Probably a Wellington but Barbara, down on the farm, will no doubt know.

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jan 2010 14:00 #2258 by OneEighthBit
Replied by OneEighthBit on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

Is that a Wellington or an A-20? Probably a Wellington but Barbara, down on the farm, will no doubt know.


lol ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jan 2010 16:07 #2259 by David Thompson
Replied by David Thompson on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Similarly , well slightly , if you look at Boulmer on Google Earth one of their Sea King's can be seen airborne within the runway triangle of the former wartime runways .

Youth is wasted on the young !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jan 2010 17:37 #2260 by daveg4otu
Replied by daveg4otu on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Is the photo aligned with N at the top?

See my Hampshire,Dorset,Devon,IOW Airfields sites..
www.hampshireairfields.co.uk/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  
EU Cookie Directive Module Information