Hopefully this,which is a little different from all the past offerings,will take a few hours- but I won't be surprised if it gone before I finish my breakfast!
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Thanks for that pic NP, means alot to me as my late grandfather was chief airport fireman for St Marys and was responsible for my aviation interest full stop. Never seen that pic and the clearest yet I have seen of the tower, the DH Heron would have been a rare visitor.
The bus would have been the clincher for me, it belonged to Vics Tours and was in use well into the '90s, I even have a model of it.
Yes to both. Not sure when the old tower was removed (believe torched?!), but the current tower and termina was opened in the early '70s by Harold Wilson.
Maybe time to start a Scillies aviation thread, surprising what has gone on down there over the years.
I don't think anyone had heard of the Scillies before Harold Wilson. Did he actually own a property there or just use a B&B every year? Is there a local supermarket called "Trescos"?
Back to the quiz.
Bodmim?
No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)
We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.