It was 140ft long, had a bar, traffic office, a restaurant, cafe and veranda with sliding glass windows. The surveyor was Harold Brown, who I assume was responsible too for the control tower which also was a second hand building. In its airport location, it was re-erected in 1936, having formally been a WW1 hospital building which is probably why the museum knocked it down, poor old thing was knackerd!!.
You can tell a builder from an archaeologist by the size of his trowel. Mine is a small one!
Woo hoo, first one right. Im not too good on the Military ones, being a civvie boy. When was it knocked down? I remember the museum in the late 80's but am struggling to remember this building? I think Weston is a massive waste of a brilliantly placed airfield.
It was knocked down within the last ten years but the CT is extant, can I assume because you have not posted a pic, that you are willing to let me have another go please, please, please?
You can tell a builder from an archaeologist by the size of his trowel. Mine is a small one!
We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.