WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

18 Mar 2009 11:30 #1631 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
I have to say I am shocked I did get it. I just thought the fields looked familiar.
You haven't got one of Barton Bendish have you?

I haven't got anything lined up but I am thinking about doing a word quizz one where you have to get the airfield name from first letters of the pics or drawings of a number of airfields. It will take a while to set up but I thought it might be a new twist.

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Mar 2009 11:34 #1632 by REF
Replied by REF on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Any quiz is always good, lets give it a go!

I don't have one of Barton Bendish I'm afraid. Perhaps next time I fly up that neck of the woods. I was trying to pick out Narborough as well but it is impossible to spot!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Mar 2009 14:21 #1633 by hugoj_air
Replied by hugoj_air on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

As there isn't much to see maybe Docking?


Wow, didn't they get the camouflage down to a fine art. THAT must have confused the Luftwaffe. I certainly confused me. :lol: :lol: .

Hugo.

The historical listing of aviation sites in Ireland North and South www.avsitesireland.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Mar 2009 17:56 - 15 Jul 2017 08:32 #1634 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Okay here is something different. The first letters of each airfield spell the name of another airfield. I have include a set of boxes to fill them in (print it off, I don't do interactive!)
All you need to do is come up with the airfield name to win. Simples.
You get an extra glow if you can name them all. If you like this I will knock up some more.


No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Mar 2009 19:22 #1635 by Stevo
Replied by Stevo on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
here we go

1. Binbrook
2. Abingdon
3. Rivenhall
4. Desborough
5. North Weald
6. Edzell
7. Yeovilton

other airfield Bardney

Very enjoyable quiz, ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Mar 2009 19:31 #1636 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Well done Stevo - all present and correct. I threw in Edzell as is not so well known. I will do grass ones without perimeter tracks next time :wink:
Glad you enjoyed it. I think I will make it longer and harder next time although some of the alphabet is somewhat limited.

Over to you

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Mar 2009 19:45 #1637 by REF
Replied by REF on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
I got the first three!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Mar 2009 20:09 #1638 by Stevo
Replied by Stevo on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
I should stay out of these quizzes as I never have anything I can post. LOL

open house

LOL :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Mar 2009 20:21 #1639 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
As long as you declare open house it doesn't matter. I wonder what the longest airfield name is?

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Mar 2009 20:34 #1640 by Finno75
Replied by Finno75 on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Ok open house,Here is one

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  
EU Cookie Directive Module Information