WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

19 Mar 2009 20:57 #1651 by mawganmad
Replied by mawganmad on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
hmm, err, ah, is it umm Eye!

James Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Mar 2009 20:58 #1652 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Sorry, I forgot to say the first letters of each airfield in the pic spells the name of another which you have to get. so don't give the names of those in the pic until you have all of them plus the airfield it spells.

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Mar 2009 10:44 #1653 by Chilly
Replied by Chilly on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

Sorry, I forgot to say the first letters of each airfield in the pic spells the name of another which you have to get. so don't give the names of those in the pic until you have all of them plus the airfield it spells.


That's how I originally read it...

So not Eshott then?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Mar 2009 10:48 #1654 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Sorry Chilly not Eshott. Although you are in part correct :wink:

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Mar 2009 12:13 #1655 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
I assume this is not so easy then? If you are good at crosswords and you have three letters you may be able to guess the others to make the name.
A partial clue, Chilly did correctly guess Eshott but that isn't the airfield I am after.

So we have an "E"

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Mar 2009 14:45 #1656 by canberra
Replied by canberra on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Mind you we have to assume that youve spelt the name of this airfiled correctly!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Mar 2009 16:39 #1657 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
It's six letters so there is a fair chance I got it wrong :)

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Mar 2009 11:34 #1658 by tomdocherty72
Replied by tomdocherty72 on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Looking at this thread I notice that the last guess for the six airfield name quiz was on 19 March - 6 days ago. This leads me to believe that one of two things are happening - either a) It is too hard or b) it is too time consuming. I think most forumites like the idea of a single photo , map or sketch to guess and identify and six in one lump is just too much. I would be interested to hear other views and/or a suggestion from the original poster of the quiz that since it seems to have stagnated that we move on to a new photo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Mar 2009 12:38 #1659 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Could be a combination. Recent problems with the site haven't helped.
I had noticed that single ones were going too quickly so I thought I would "spice it up" a bit.
The previous one I did with 6 crude drawings was guessed very quickly.

I would welcome feed back, even if you did not attempt it this time.

To help things along we have to "E"s in the photo set, Eshott and Earles Colne which make the word look like this so far

_ E _ _ _ E

The rest should be easy :lol:

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Mar 2009 13:05 #1660 by mawganmad
Replied by mawganmad on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Not Eye then, Odiham?!

James Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  
EU Cookie Directive Module Information