Forum
Open Forum
Miscellaneous Research Topics
General Airfield or 20th Century Military Architecture Discussion Topics
WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Less
More
Posts: 114
Thank you received: 0
03 Apr 2009 10:53 #1691
by sumter
Thanks very much, PNK. That's quite a shape memory skill you have!
It was a 9AF airfield after all, and very probably part of the original footage.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
Posts: 12446
Thank you received: 1029
03 Apr 2009 11:00 #1692
by Peter Kirk
The only skill I have! But is it right - I can't check as I am at work.
No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
Posts: 2807
Thank you received: 18
03 Apr 2009 11:01 #1693
by mawganmad
Somebody else step in and keep the quiz going if they wish, can't post pic at mo.
James Thomas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
Posts: 12446
Thank you received: 1029
03 Apr 2009 11:05 #1694
by Peter Kirk
I was going to do one of my satt pic word games on a 14 letter airfield name
If nobody posts by this evening I will find something.
No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
Posts: 2807
Thank you received: 18
03 Apr 2009 11:08 #1695
by mawganmad
Go on PNK, we could do with our minds being stretched!
James Thomas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
Posts: 1822
Thank you received: 99
Less
More
Posts: 12446
Thank you received: 1029
03 Apr 2009 16:21 - 15 Jul 2017 08:25 #1697
by Peter Kirk
One especially for mawganmad but open to all of course
It's the middle one I'm after but name all three for an extra "Woohoo!"
No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)
This message has an attachment image. Please log in or register to see it.
Last edit: 15 Jul 2017 08:25 by Peter Kirk .
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
Posts: 406
Thank you received: 10
03 Apr 2009 17:34 #1698
by EGDGZTCW
Llandow (??) to the NW, St Athan in the middle and Cardiff International to the East?
.....quietly confident, private celebration, moon walk across the living room......
Memories........... I've forgotten what they are !!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
Posts: 12446
Thank you received: 1029
03 Apr 2009 17:40 #1699
by Peter Kirk
Bunting and fireworks.
It is, of course St Athan with it's close friends Llandow and Rhoose. (I wonder who they will name it after?)
Taken from a satt photo dated 1990.
No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
Posts: 406
Thank you received: 10
03 Apr 2009 17:43 #1700
by EGDGZTCW
(I wonder who they will name it after?)
Max Boyce International ??
Please step in with a photo anybody.........
Memories........... I've forgotten what they are !!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Forum
Open Forum
Miscellaneous Research Topics
General Airfield or 20th Century Military Architecture Discussion Topics
WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds