where is that stretcher bond wall to bang my head on (again), how many clues do you need in any one post? One to beam up!
NP, stretcher bond brick laying was used in temporary brick buildings on many WW2 military airfields.
Banging your head against these single brick wide and relatively flimsy structures could cause damage.
As an archeologist, you should be bent on preserving our heritage, not destroying it!
Back to the quiz, I confess I'm stumped. I think that the gasholders will have been demolished since the pic was taken. I don't think it is a seaside area despite the flying boat clues.
The first one is North Weald - 1940. Not sure about the second
I think the Luftwaffe labelled airfields as GB10 type sites. Nice shot as it shows the old landing circle and the shorter runway with no work underway to make it any longer. I wonder if that was the intended length at the time or did it run into the existing grass strip?
Peter
No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)
Spot on PNK. It is indeed a German Luftwaffe recce photo of North Weald.
You have won a goldfish but, since I don't have a bowl - and a heron ate the fish this morning - you will have to be content with posting another quiz.
We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.