From my Website....A Curtiss SOC Seagull of US Navy VCS-7 at Lee-on-Solent circa June 1944.The Squadron's aircraft were temporarily out of use whilst the aircrew used Spitfires in support of the D-Day landings.Another SOC and a Vought OS2U Kingfisher are parked in the background. US Navy photo.
I didn't know that you had it on your site 'though!
Yes - nice picture via the US Navy ....
BTW - for info - the USN historical website photo section is at the moment not providing online photos (& downloads ) other than thumbnails due to some kind of server capacity problem...apparently this will be fixed "soon"(define soon however you wish!)
I have nothing ready right now so the floor is open if anyone wishes to dive in...........................
Hmm.. No doubt someone knows this straight away, but I cant get my head around this being the convex side of the hangar line, yet so much grass. My first thought is Upwood, but I'm pretty sure that's wrong.
The raised office in the middle of the annex would normally be on the airfield side wouldn't it? and the fact its only a 9 bay Type C shed must narrow it down a bit, only ones I have found so far are Catterick (only had one) Manby, Church Fenton, Wittering, Turnhouse (only 1) but it don't look like any of those
We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.