WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

11 Feb 2009 19:42 #1441 by daveg4otu
Replied by daveg4otu on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
No idea about the airfield ...but Hugo your limerick doesn't scan .....

The limerick packs laughs anatomical
Into space that is quite economical
But the good ones I've seen
So rarely are clean
And the clean ones so seldom are comical.

See my Hampshire,Dorset,Devon,IOW Airfields sites..
www.hampshireairfields.co.uk/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Feb 2009 20:07 #1442 by REF
Replied by REF on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Coonagh Airfield, near Limerick?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Feb 2009 21:15 #1443 by hugoj_air
Replied by hugoj_air on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

Coonagh Airfield, near Limerick?


Spot on REF. Coonagh's 410m runway was for many years was regarded as the shortest
tar strip in Ireland. But no more, other strips now have shorter tar runways. Its 2nm W of
Limerick city centre.
Your go REF.

I agree guys it is a very poor attempt at a "limerick". :oops: As is very obvious I cannot ever
claim to be a literary genius, :lol: but it was just to give a clue and nothing more. I promise
I'll try harder next time. :cry: Dave I'm shocked :shock: you would even suggest using bad language on the forum. Bug*er it, I wouldn't do that.

Hugo.

The historical listing of aviation sites in Ireland North and South www.avsitesireland.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Feb 2009 21:25 #1444 by REF
Replied by REF on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
I'll leave it as an open house as I've nothing handy!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Feb 2009 08:13 #1445 by PETERTHEEATER
Replied by PETERTHEEATER on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

Hamlin?!!


There was an old man from Hamelin! He didn't come from me :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Feb 2009 20:14 - 19 Dec 2016 21:06 #1446 by REF
Replied by REF on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
As it is an open house and I won the last, and nobody else took the chance to post something, here is another easy on for you!!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Feb 2009 20:30 #1447 by canberra
Replied by canberra on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Is it Heathrow?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Feb 2009 21:07 #1448 by hugoj_air
Replied by hugoj_air on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

Is it Heathrow?


No flies on you Canberra. That must have been pre WW1. But hang on, one of
those aircraft looks like a Cessna........confusion........confusion. I doubt you
may be wrong on this one.

Hugo.

The historical listing of aviation sites in Ireland North and South www.avsitesireland.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Feb 2009 21:09 #1449 by REF
Replied by REF on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Definately not Heathrow!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Feb 2009 09:36 #1450 by canberra
Replied by canberra on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
This one has got me stumped. The picture looks as if there was an airfield there and its been ripped up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  
EU Cookie Directive Module Information