I don't think they will scrambling too quickly, look at the nearest B-17.
Was the place being used for spares recovery?
It was a major air depot for the USAAF during the war and over 3000 aircraft were modified and 11000 serviced during that time. Towards the end of the war they salvaged quite a few war weary aircraft.
I think its one of the Northern Ireland bases, how about Newtonards!
Right Idea Canberra right area. It's Enniskillen/St Angelo. The disused 06/24 runway
was until recently a military helipad and when it closed the timber works extended
into that area with the construction of additional covered work areas.
Tom I recognised it straight away as I have a aviation friend who works in the timber yard. Maybe you should alter your photo title before you submit
Hugo.
The historical listing of aviation sites in Ireland North and South www.avsitesireland.com
We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.