92fis is annoyingly good, ain't he Peter and ofcourse he's right, LL again.
I put it up to see if we could figure out where the stored aircraft were in
my last pic.
Hugo.
The historical listing of aviation sites in Ireland North and South www.avsitesireland.com
You can see the track arcing away at the north end so I assume that leads to the hardstands. I will look at the OSNI site later to see if there is anything showing on the older maps.
No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)
You can see the track arcing away at the north end so I assume that leads to the hardstands. I will look at the OSNI site later to see if there is anything showing on the older maps.
Just had a look and the hardstands are actually shown on the present (non-historical) map
as dotted lines at 1.1nm NNE from the 20 end of 02/20 runway. The map grids are as follows
(3)10758.71 (3)79251.99 or as o/s would show J107792. I checked the photo and it matches exactly.
The white track in the top left of the airfield aerial is at the southern end of the hardstands. That was some taxying/towing to the further'est point, but I'm certain there were similar situations in many other storage sites.
Hugo.
The historical listing of aviation sites in Ireland North and South www.avsitesireland.com
We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.