errrr ...no ...I suspect it may make you gulp a little! (there's a clue there somewhere - I think!)
Edit - on reflection and a quick look at the original pic- sorry no clue .... howeer no regrets (now there is a very tenuous clue to the aircraft!).....it's probably safer to ignore me and the aircraft ,and concentrate on the location....
The aircraft is the Air Department/Blackburn Sparrow,and I'm guessing the place is RNAS Chingford in Essex as all four of the dodgy looking aircraft went there for evaluation.
Did anyone actually coax that thing into the air ...and more important ...land in one piece?
The only thing I know regarding flight was due to it being overweight and underpowered (never a great combination!) that they were difficult to control in the air. Apparently they were very difficult to taxi aswel! If
you look at the pic closely you can see side to side stability was achieved by the widely spaced tail skids.
My PC is up the swany at the mo, so can't post pics - someone else have a go.
We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.