WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

22 Dec 2008 12:54 #981 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Not East Wretham

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Dec 2008 19:48 #982 by canberra
Replied by canberra on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Hooray I got one!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Dec 2008 20:16 #983 by canberra
Replied by canberra on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
And as I got one that means I should post a picture, but as I dont have any I cant. So heres a question; what does it mean if a runway designator such as say 27 has a T after it??????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Dec 2008 21:06 #984 by hugoj_air
Replied by hugoj_air on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

And as I got one that means I should post a picture, but as I dont have any I cant. So heres a question; what does it mean if a runway designator such as say 27 has a T after it??????


The T means that 27 is the active runway direction.

Hugo.

The historical listing of aviation sites in Ireland North and South www.avsitesireland.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Dec 2008 21:08 #985 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Land towards the cross of the T? Or is that only in the signals square?

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Dec 2008 21:53 #986 by SWINDERTIM
Replied by SWINDERTIM on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Re PNK's pic - Hunsdon??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Dec 2008 22:49 #987 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Not Hunsdon

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Dec 2008 07:22 #988 by canberra
Replied by canberra on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
No the T after the runway designator does not mean that it is the active runway diraction or land towards the the T. All I will say is you wont see any runway with T after the designator in the UK.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Dec 2008 14:21 #989 by kebecker
Replied by kebecker on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Well I have no idea, (still trying to cope with driving on the wrong side of the road after ten years!) unless it is a taxi way designation, but there are some nice piccies in this

www.portseattle.org/downloads/about/AMAstudyguide.pdf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Dec 2008 16:08 #990 by canberra
Replied by canberra on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Ill put you out of your misery, a runway with T after it means its a true heading and youll only see it in the high arctic ie north of the magnetic north pole!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  
EU Cookie Directive Module Information