Ill put you out of your misery, a runway with T after it means its a true heading and youll only see it in the high arctic ie north of the magnetic north pole!
Looks like we will have to rewrite ALL the training manuals that have been witten up over the last 70 odd years, as we were trained that the T in the signals square at any airfield signified
the take off and landing direction in use.
Hugo.
The historical listing of aviation sites in Ireland North and South www.avsitesireland.com
No I was not referring to the T in the signals square, the signals square(if you can still find one!) doesnt have the runway designator on it does it? What I was referring to was the actual designator on the runway itself.
Don't forget we still have an have an unidentified airfield. If you need a clue just shout.
SHOUT!! Clue please.
canberra, we are at cross purposes here. Many years ago in England I seen a signal square
showing a T and runway heading. I know it's not the regular use of a square as they were generally used on omni-directional fields before designated heading came into normal use.
I accept that you were actually asking a different question to the answer that I gave. I
apologise if I sounded condesending.
Hugo.
The historical listing of aviation sites in Ireland North and South www.avsitesireland.com
We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.