WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1

26 Nov 2008 21:03 #791 by kebecker
Replied by kebecker on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
some sort of clue may be in order ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Nov 2008 21:07 #792 by daveg4otu
Replied by daveg4otu on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Building on the right looks more railwayish thatn aeronautically connected!

See my Hampshire,Dorset,Devon,IOW Airfields sites..
www.hampshireairfields.co.uk/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Nov 2008 21:10 #793 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
I thought it might need a bit more info. It was an ALG and is know by another ALG's name.
And yes I thought the building resemble a railway stable. I have been back since and the entrance has moved.

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Nov 2008 21:17 #794 by kebecker
Replied by kebecker on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
so Southern Railway? since I cant get the airfield I may as well have a stab at the stables

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Nov 2008 21:19 #795 by REF
Replied by REF on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Lashenden, now known as Headcorn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Nov 2008 21:23 #796 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
It was close to a railway but that has long gone. South it was but it might have been LCDR or KESR. I think the stable like building was part of the farm. I have checked the location and the buildings look as though the might have gone. The car park they led to is still there though and still very active. Lots of people jumping .

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Nov 2008 21:25 #797 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
REF you bounced my next post! Yes you are correct it is Lashenden (or was).
Was it the clue or your knowledge of Kent airfields :lol:

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Nov 2008 21:46 - 19 Dec 2016 21:00 #798 by REF
Replied by REF on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
It was PNK, I have flown in and out of Headcorn a few times in the past - one of the worst runways I have ever landed on, I just hope its improved!! Don't forget I did live down south for the most part of my life so far!!!

Next photo;

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Nov 2008 21:53 #799 by Peter Kirk
Replied by Peter Kirk on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
At least the other runway doesn't cross the road anymore! I'll post my 1981 shots in the airfield section. It's a very popular airfield so the runway might have improved.

No Amount Of Evidence Will Ever Persuade An Idiot (probably not Mark Twain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Nov 2008 21:49 #800 by 92fis
Replied by 92fis on topic WHAT AERODROME QUIZ - Vol 1
Thats a nice shot of Deopham Green.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  
EU Cookie Directive Module Information