Thats EGAA Aldergrove/Belfast with a nice selection of 1938 Type C Aircraft Sheds
Just to confirm many moons ago, or so it seems, Stevo was correct. Also I now have a fair idea what a 1938 Type C Aircraft Shed looks like. Thanks Stevo.
I notice on the Aldergrove picture you can still make out the old runway tha ran N-S before it was re-aligned.
I heard about the realignment, but I cant make it out on the photo. The present runways are
07/25, 17/35. None close to N/S. Willis & Holliss shows 08/26 and 18/36. Did the realignment take place prior to WW2.
Hugo.
The historical listing of aviation sites in Ireland North and South www.avsitesireland.com
We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to this. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.